I’m no stranger to using gifs in my social media, text messages, or emails (don’t believe me ask my DM team and my last blog post). I just find them to be a creative and funny way to add some humor to your online presence and stir up a little fun online! (Also they remind me of wizard photographs in Harry Potter which makes me love them even more). But enough about why I use gifs, lets talk about why YOU should be using them!
- They’re Easy to Share and Consume
They’re animated unlike normal photographs and shorter and easier than inserting a video.
2. They’re Funny!
Good humor spreads quickly and goes viral fast!
3. They’re trendy. ‘Nuff said
4. They enable you to connect with your followers in a new way and convey emotions much better than photos.
There is a reaction gif for literally EVERYTHING.
(I connect with this gif on an emotional, spiritual, and personal level.)
5. They’re easy to find and use
6. Movement attracts attention.
Its kinda like the shiny thing. It moves and captures your attention.
7. Not that many people use them. Stand out!
(Get on it while its cool)
8. They add a little personality to your content.
Sure, your page is your own, but with gifs, they’re even more your own!
9. They’re universal! Everyone can relate to a good gif.
I’m sure we’ve all felt like this at one point or another.
10. Because they’re just plain funny as heck!
Show me one person who didn’t laugh at this. Thats right. Its impossible.
So yeah! Next time you make a post, try to include a gif. It’ll be a unique, clever, and trendy way to communicate with your followers and friends.